2017 was a significant year for the Regional Water Authority’s Advocacy Program that represented the culmination of a five-year process initiated by the RWA Board of Directors in 2013. A key component of the Board’s “Strategic Plan 2018+” was a new emphasis on advocacy, with the goal of ensuring that regional needs and concerns would be positively represented on legislative and regulatory policies and actions. This year’s accomplishments are a direct result of the Board’s forward thinking and leadership. This year, the Advocacy Program allowed RWA’s members to speak with a united voice in pursuit of our region’s common goals.
Continue reading the full report to learn more about:
- RWA’s 2017 advocacy priorities
- RWA “hot list” bills enrolled by the Legislature in 2017
- RWA’s position on “hot list” bills that became two-year bills and will be acted upon on 2018
- Outreach to local and state legislative influencers
- Advocacy through media and social media
- Looking ahead to 2018