Friday, June 11, 1-2:30 p.m.
Featuring remarks by:
- Ernest A. Conant, Regional Director, California-Great Basin Region, U.S. Bureau of Reclamation
- Jeff Harris, Councilmember, City of Sacramento
- Patrick Kennedy, Supervisor, Sacramento County
The Regional Water Authority is hosting a special briefing for RWA Board Members, water managers and local elected leaders on projected drought impacts on the region’s water supplies and environment, and the drought-related actions underway by local water providers.
- This year’s near-average snowpack evaporated or soaked into the soil rather than flowing into Folsom Reservoir.
- Folsom Reservoir storage levels are lower than historic drought conditions in 2014 and 2015.
- Conditions are projected to have severe impacts on the environment of the Lower American River, including the potential to lose a generation of steelhead trout.
- Water supplies are currently in good shape thanks to groundwater banking; however, continued dry conditions into 2022 would be concerning.
Join us to learn more about conditions, local actions and what you can do to help.
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (571) 317-3122
Access Code: 947-864-477